Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Aunts

This week we were blessed with a visit from my Aunt Dianne.  She came down to visit so we can get a jump start on a very top secret project that will result in a birthday gift for my grandfather who will turn 80 in April.  More to follow on this project later.....in case he and my grandma read the blog.

My aunts are all very special to me.  I have so many wonderful memories with each one of them.  So I want to take the time and let them know what they mean to me.

Tante Sofi - You have taught me how to be strong in the face of anything.  Thank you for demonstrating to us how to live each day to the fullest and enjoy the blessings surrounding us. 

Tante Terry - You have taught me how to be consistent and constant (two important lessons I took with me into the classroom over the past few years).  You have an incredible sense of style and through your relationship with Mom, you have taught me what a treasure sisters are. (I love you, Liesl!)

Tante Vickie - You have taught me how to be appreciative.  You inspire me because you are 100 times more athletically gifted than I am.  And I love how you can get the attention of everyone in the room.

Tante Erica - You have taught me how to be patient and find humor in all situations.  And you have taught me resourcefulness (an example is the story of when you babysat me as a baby and put Mom's sweatshirt on to comfort me). 

(back) Vickie, Erica, Mom
(front) Sofi, Terry


Aunt Dianne with my cousin Juli and me

Aunt Dianne - You have taught me how to put others before myself by your example of selflessness.  You are quick to give and slow to take.  You are so generous with all that you have.  You have also taught me how to carefully pay attention to the needs of others, even when they don't express them.

Aunt Dianne with Colt


Aunt Debbie and me
Aunt Debbie - You have taught me how to do so many things, and I love that we share so many of the same passions.  You have taught me to appreciate where we come from, family history, foot phones, and photography.  And blueberries.


Aunt Debbie with Colt


Aunt Carey and me
Aunt Carey - You have taught me how to be loyal and resourceful.  You have so many creative ideas that magically come to life.  You are also a great blessing to me to hear my frustrations with all things in life, something I especially appreciated when I was in my first years teaching.


 

Aunt Carey and Colt

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for blessing my life. I wish we could see you more frequently.  I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment